The Glencore Technology Women and Girls in Science Programme
Glencore Technology are celebrating International Women and Girls in Science Day by featuring three of our Women in Science and inviting three women from around the world who want to grow a science career to be mentored by one of our featured three.
Women play an important role in Science. And in 2021, it's more important than ever that women are 'enabled' to play that role. But the challenges women and girls face in a male dominated sector are considerable. This day is an important day for science and gender equality.
The Glencore Technology Women in Science Programme offers an opportunity for three females from anywhere across the world who are interested in an occupation in a science, particularly mining-related science. The programme is open to Secondary School Students, University Students and Emerging Professionals.
Interested women and girls can apply online, tell us a little about themselves and their dream in science. We’ll select three winners of the programme… a school senior, a university student and an emerging professional.
If you are selected, your 8 month programme is centred on mining-related sciences and includes –
• A woman in science mentor and buddy, meeting online with you once a week
• A programme of career tips, guidance, leadership skills and other well-chosen soft-skills
• A programme of content related to the work our Glencore Technology women in science do, a helpful fast-track for your own careers
• Networking opportunities with other scientists and allied staff from Glencore Technology
• Three tailored projects to deliver experiences you can learn from and cite in your resume
• A certificate of completion after the programme
Women play an important role in Science. But the challenges women and girls face in a male dominated sector are considerable. This internationally recognised day is an important day for science and for gender equality.
If you are an interested woman or girl, apply online, telling us a little about you and why you want the mentorship. We will select three winners of the programme… a school senior, a university student and an entry-level or emerging professional.
How to Apply
Apply today! Click on the button to register with Glencore and complete your application.
For media enquiries or other details, contact email@example.com